Naturally I am talking about the Mahoning Valley Podcast here, but here are some really good reasons to invest a few dollars to get involved whether you are a business, organization, or an individual.
Why Sponsor the Mahoning Valley Podcast?
1. Educated and Affluent Listeners. The average podcast listener is between 18 and 55 with access to time and resources. According to Rain News, Approximately 46-million Americans listen to podcasts at least monthly (17%), and an estimated 27-million listen at least weekly (10%). The weekly number represents a 25% lift over the 2014 snapshot. The podcast audience profile is markedly well-educated and prosperous. Forty-five percent of listeners have a college degree, and 52% are in $100k-plus households. This translates into your messaging being heard by people who actually can spend time and money to patronize your business or organization.
2. Positive Positioning of your message. When you sponsor the Mahoning Valley Podcast you are telling your audience that you care about our Community. The Mahoning Valley Podcast is filling a niche and a thirst for positive news and information about the Mahoning Valley. Although traditional mainstream media outlets do cover some very high profile events and people in the Valley; they have severe limitations when it comes to really reinforcing and showcasing information, news, and opinion that ONLY serves to show the good things that are happening. As most media consumers know, there is a lot of gloom and doom broadcast as news. With the Mahoning Valley Podcast, you become affiliated with the good things that happen. You don’t have to worry about your message being played after a News Story involving shootings or fires or national tragedies. Or having your message broadcast during a crime show or some show that is in some way denigrating traditional values.
3. The Trust Factor. Most consumers know that advertisements on traditional mainstream media are not vetted. If someone has the money, they can buy advertisements. So many enlightened consumers are turning more towards media they can and do trust. Reviews Websites and Social Media Channels are starting to become the trusted sources of information for Consumers and Businesses when they are ready to spend money. The Mahoning Valley Podcast does not accept sponsorships from just anyone. We actually try the services or products of our sponsors and make sure that they live up to our expectations. If you have been contacted by us for sponsorship it is because we already know about your organization. Our listeners know that we trust you and that is an implicit recommendation.
4. Customer Connection. People feel a sense of intimacy and connection with podcasts because it is right in their ears. Videos and Blog Posts (textual communications) do not foster a sense of connection like someone speaking into a microphone. Consider how when you hear a piece of music that you can relate to, or have listened to an audiobook or talk radio show and something that you heard resonated with you. It makes you feel like the speaker or musician is speaking directly to you. This sense of connection and intimacy brings with it a top of mind experience. Your message is easily recalled and brought to mind because it reaches inside you. So people remember what they hear. Your message is stored in their long term memory and people will remember what you have told them as a sponsor.
5. Portability and Longevity of your Messaging. Podcasts and Audio have the advantage of being on demand and portable. Most people are able to easily download a podcast and listen when they want. This means that they are already to hear your message. Because they have taken the time to listen. They are already engaged. Unlike TV or Radio where your message goes out one time and then it is gone, your podcast sponsorship is available forever online. Someone may hear it the day it is published, and other people may hear it a week from now and then even more a month from now and so on. That is not the only way that sponsorship brings people to you. Every transcript is posted on our website and a number of different blogs. We publish our transcripts and your links stay on line forever.
6. Digital Communications Strategy with a Local Partner. We publish the podcast in Boardman Ohio. Not in India or Great Britain or Australia. But right here in the Mahoning Valley. And we don’t just publish a podcast, but we also publicize it and distribute it. We conceived of the concept and set up all the distribution and Social Media Channels. We set up the blogs and accounts where the transcripts are published. And we are local. We are available to partner with you on your Digital Communications Strategies. Podcast Sponsorship with us is a tip of the iceberg when it comes to partnering with us. We don’t employ subcontractors overseas or rely on consultants in other cities or regions. We are committed to using local resources and building this community. And have a local phone number for you to talk to us personally about your challenges and goals. And we know other resources here to make your digital communications strategies succeed. We are here for the long term. Not some toll free number and post office box, but a real person in a real place to help you.
7. Commitment to Excellence. Our podcast and indeed all Digital Communications Strategies are works in process. We are dedicated to provide excellent service and advice. To provide excellent results and excellence in all of our efforts on your behalf. When you sponsor our podcast, you are committing yourself to excellence as well. You are gaining a valuable resource and a professional partner who is unrelenting in his pursuit of excellence. We all have much more to learn, Learning and growing together towards our potential is one of the things that have brought about this project in the first place. The idea that as a community we can all reach our potential together. And demonstrate an excellence for all of the world to see. Together.